Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ethiopia

As some of you know, my husband and I were recently in Africa. In June of 2008, I was given the opportunity to travel to Ethiopia and meet and photograph the children of two Kingdom Vision International orphanages. Although my husband and I had always considered adoption as a way of growing our family, it wasn’t until that trip that we knew for sure that we were called to adopt a child from Ethiopia. So, after a lengthy homestudy, mountains of paperwork and lots of learning, growing, praying and waiting, on January 11th, 2010, we finally met our daughter, Sara Zubeida Schultz!

We have been home for about a month now, and although the transition to becoming a family of five has had its share of new challenges, overall it has gone beautifully.

Speaking of beautiful… here is my daughter!


Sara with her brothers:


Before I post these next photos, I just want to say that the photos below are not just images to me, they are my passion. There is nothing in my work that gives me more life than taking and editing photos like these. This is why I do what I do.

Okay, on to the photos.

Here are some of the beautiful people we encountered on our trip:









And you may remember this photo from my trip in 2008:
This is the same boy a year and a half later...

2 comments:

genesisphotography March 13, 2010 at 11:28 PM  

Checking to make sure comments are working...

Unknown March 16, 2010 at 7:01 AM  

Wonderful blog and beautiful pictures!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP